I’m Feeling the Feelings of a Sponge…
I’m feeling e feelings of a sponge… if it is being squeezed dry so tightly tat it is super light-weight, water-less and detergent-less. In other words, means that im super tired now. But this PA is definitely once in a lifetime experience as it really shows and brings me into the light of what to expect in my future upon graduation. If im going to feel like this every other day, I can be sure that I will not last longer than 3 years given my maximum power of endurance.
Speaking of which, other than enduring the tiredness, I have to endure the excruciating pain my covered back heels are giving me. The back of my feet isnt that bad… it’s my poor toes that are suffering terribly. Wonder how many days I can endure this given my maximum power of endurance. Wont be too long, I must say. Im on e verge of breakdown already.
Back to PA. For those wondering what PA is, it is the abbreviation of Professional Attachment. So, in order to become a “professional”, my host company arranged a series of workshops, introduction and orientation. By the end of the day, I’ve successfully become a professional “hum” person. For example, we (50interns in all for this batch: 27 ntu, 10 odd from smu, a few from nus n e rest are unknown) are shown 2 clips about security, “educating” (actually scaring) us about infringing copyrights and how information is valuable and important to a corporation. Then, “the big 5 to big 4” story came, en*on, etc… so in the end, the professional-wanna-be becomes the hum-going-to-be.
Seriously, commercial buildings are built in a really weird way. Certain lifts only serve certain levels. For example, if im at lvl 3 and I wanna go to lvl 40, I have to change at either lvl 1/10/20. So for ppl who are 1)colour blind (the lifts are colour coded) and 2)memory deficiency, they are going to get a hell of a time. Perhaps staircase is the easy way out… Good luck to those ppl in depts that are at lvl 40~ Moreover, I believe that someone who has been trying to get into a lift for the past 20minutes may have to wait for another 10minutes (ok la… I know a bit “kua zhang”/exaggerated). You’ll believe it too if you are at the building’s lift lobby on any working days at 830/9am or 530/6pm.
Anyway, just before lunch, we are collected by our mentor/guardian/buddy to orientate us around our respective depts (thank goodness im in lvl 3… can chiong stairs if in a hurry). Im assigned to the financial sector (I shant elaborate as stated in para 3 :P). After lunch, nothing eventful lah… jus a lady giving us lecture about bank reconciliation n assets schedule. But there’s one thing I must mention sia. Lecture will have lecture notes one rite? OK, so we have received a few pieces of papers and with which we think that will last us for an hour and a half. She talk teach talk teach talk, and yes she manages to finish it within one and a half hour! Banzai~!
Banzai my foot!!! While we are happily thinking that we will be let off earlier than 530pm, she says “take a quick break and come back here” and starts giving out another 2 pieces of paper. Fine. Just 2 more paper… listen lor… and still diligently copying down notes and tips. She talk teach talk teach talk, and guess what? She starts giving out another batch of notes. Argh. This cycle has repeated for at least 3 times before she’s finally done with us! Super tiring Day 1.
***This entry took me 4 days haha…