The Photocopier and I
“Sorry, but where is the outlet of this photocopier?”
“Huh?”
“Erm I mean where will the photocopied paper come out from?”
“Oh! There (points at the place).”
I’m not bimbo hor. I’m just a woman. Maybe because I CAN read maps, that's why I cannot understand photocopiers. You know the saying right? “why men don't listen; and women cant read maps”. You cannot blame me also. The photocopier nowadays are getting too complicated, becoming more n more like a spaceship from starwars. With trays here and there, openings and protruding pieces. And the complicated buttons on the touch screen! It just gives me a headache whenever I’m using a new type of photocopier. Worst still, the frequency of me meeting a new photocopier is quite high since the nature of my job is to travel from client to client… and almost every new photocopier I get in touch with, I’ll ask a stupid question.
*beep beep beep beep beep…* (from the copier)
(What the hell is happening? No paper jam leh… wrong button? Out of paper? No leh, got what… shit what is wrong with it?!?!)
“Excuse me, if u put something on that area (points at the place) the sensor will sense it and will not allow u to photocopy anything until it is removed.” Said the guy near the copier, looking amused.
“Oh, okay. Thanks…” (oh, okay. I’m dumb.)