I was researching stuff for my fyp and I couldnt resist blogging about this. Following shortly after the NKF Singapore scandal was brought to light, wife of former Prime Minister GCK commented that "for a person who runs a big million-dollar charitable organisation, with a few hundred million in reserves, S$600,000 a year is peanuts". The statement was taken as an insult by many, who earn much less a year or even struggle for a living. Many Singaporeans felt utterly insulted by Mrs Goh's statement that Mr TT Durai's S$600K salary is peanut. Blogs and online messageboards were quickly flooded with angry comments, and online petitions requesting Mrs Goh to apologise were started. Here's an extract from one such online petition for that matter:
Anyway, jokes on the issue were later circulated, and this I found to be the most amusing of all => a 1 peanut bill with a value equivalent to S$600K. Read the full article @ TalkingCock.com. Happy New Year and Happy CNY ppl~ I wish someone can pay me peanuts, or better still, I wish to get an angbao with peanuts inside O_o