The Makings of the Final 12 [Part i]
Today and tomorrow night, the 16 remaining finalists are going to give their all for the chance to be in the coveted final 12!!!
1. Paris Bennett
She sang Miami Sound Machine's "conga." Fun, upbeat song but… I think she channeled too much focus on her “dancing”… which took away her vocals.
2. Lisa Tucker
“here's where I stand” sang by… erm no idea who. I still like her ^ ^ she’s cool for her age man… it’s like she marching on the same spot? Would like to see more variation in her song choices… she looks more like her age tonight? I think it’s the hair heh.
3. Melissa McGhee
This is our sexy-vocals-lady… “what about love” she appears to be screaming? Given her special vocals, even when she’s screaming, it wont be ear piercing… sooooo, still good I guess? However… she didn’t make the audience groove with her leh, despite such a good song to showcase her?
4. Kinnik Sky
Wah kaoz… I didn’t expect to get this in TOP 8 lor… for goodness sake. Tune all over the place… somemore choose such a popular song: Alicia Keys “if I aint got u” and sing it out of tune… byebye, I got nothing else to say.
5. Katherine McPhee
Did her wardrobe caught fire? She wore boring clothes tonight! BUT still pretty pretty nya~ Great song to sing and it totally rocked my night! Maybe becoz this is another song that Diana DeGarmo (from season 3) sang ^ ^ The song “think” has a vvvv nice, catchy, uptempo beat to it PLUS this song can show off the singer’s vocals! I liked it on Diana and I definitely like it on Katherine too~~~
6. Ayla Brown
LOLz it totally cracked me when Ryan Seacrest came on stage and stand beside her XD He is like 2 heads shorter than Ayla?!?!! Hahahaha… she really looks damn long tonight, even Paula had to ask her about her the height of her platforms -___- Think she did a recent pop song isit? “unwritten”… she sounded soft throughout her performance? Or is there something wrong with my TV? *hits TV a few times* Anyway, Simon gave her credits saying that she did a great job by sounding more like her age.
7. Mandisa
Really THAT nice? Hmmm mmm… *gives more thoughts* it’s like the normal thing she does every week right? Hahahaha… “im every woman” abit too loud for my liking. And if this “diva” effect is going to be on this power mode every week, wont the audience get bored? Coz im starting to yawnz as the wow factor is not new/fresh anymore!
8. Kellie Pickler
SEE SEE SEE!!! OMG I can be Simon Cowell… he SAID WHAT I SAID TWO WEEKS AGO abt her!!! Quote from my two weeks ago post: “SHE IS SO CARRIE. Carrie Underwood, the previous winner. Though I think this Pickler’s voice seems better ^ ^ I must say it’s to her disadvantage since her type alr won the last season… wasted… I would rather her than Carrie!” Muahahahaaha… anyway, she sang “im the only one”, I like this song ^ ^ and she’s gwing’s favorite so I guess we’ll see her next week!
IMO, Kinnik (4) shld leave and alsooooo… Paris (1) I hope? Coz im still willing to give Melissa (3) a chance coz of her voice… as such it’s either 4, 1, 3 or maybe (7) Mandisa? I bored of that diva alr la… Ooooooo and the guys r on tml~~~