Annual Report YA05/06 [Part i]
Wah! I blogged for a year alr! And this description --- “LIN SHANYI a.k.a. ringo_031. 21, NTU Acc undergrad, Aries, cat-lover, over-stressed, manga fangirl, anime fanatic, artistic taitai wannabe, addicted to sleep.” --- remain pretty much the same over the year. Time for an annual reflection/evaluation report!
Lin Shanyi
Where shld I start… Well, my family name is “Lim” actually. My father and two elder sisters have “Lim” at the beginning of their names, whereas, I'm the only one with "Lin".
Just some weird facts about my name XD My sisters and I have very very very very different names --- 明日蓂 (mingming) 沚璇 (zhixuan) 珊伊 (shanyi) --- only my eldest sister’s first character in her name needs to be “ming” coz it’s some Hainanese rank thingy rule we have to follow for our dialect group. She’s the eldest of our generation; therefore even though she’s not the eldest male, she still has to follow this “rule” thing. As and when the first male from our generation is born, he shall have his name starting with “ming” too (btw, the eldest male has been born ^^ my now pri 4 cousin mingze, and he got two younger sisters mingjing and mingzhen).
Back to me! I thank my parents (and the 算命师 (what’s the English word for this? Chinese name naming professional?)) for giving me this name. Glad that I didn’t have to follow the “ming” thingy… Imagine my name is mingyi (famous doctor) or mingshan (famous mountain) -_____-'''
Guess I still prefer shanyi (three one) On top of which, since my surname is Lin right, I'm known as 031 (zero three one). YEAH, I'm number coded, how cool is that? Who cares abt 007 when there 031 now! Muahahaha...
Anyway, my name is weird sounding and definitely uncommon. Thus, I always have ppl pronouncing my name as san(1) yi(2) (3rd aunt) and shan(4) yi(2) (a fictional aunty from the infamous HK drama serial 《真情》.)
I am LIN(2) SHAN(1) YI(1) for goodness sake!!!
ringo_031
Ringo desu~ yoroshiku~~~ This nick came a long way with me… ever since JC? Hahaha… ok so not that long after all. “ringo” means “apple” in Japanese. I chose this nick coz I thought it sounded nice like “bingo”! Joking, joking, that’s just one small part of the big picture.
I had apples for breaks in sch everyday when I was in JC yr2... coz Mr Sammad and Mr Nordin (TPJC PE teachers) wanted to throw me inside tuff/tarf/whatever club... Since I was a borderline case along with a few other girls, they threatened to only put us into the "unhealthy weight" class IF we CANNOT drop a few kilos by the end of a mth. Thus, my quest to shed some numbers began and I followed the following diet for the next TWO weeks:
MORNING: milk + one packet of veg biscuit (those small small square portable kind with 2 or 3 pieces inside)
SCH RECESS/BREAK: ONE fuji apple + fresh fruit juices if I get hungry
DINNER: soup noodle + chicken breast meat (boiled, no skin) or fish (boiled too) + veggie or seaweed + etc healthy stuff
So this carried on for two weeks and EVERY morning during sch days we had to report to either of the PE teacher to take and record our weight progress. Obviously, the strict diet paid off and my name was out of the list in just 2 weeks although the given monitoring period was a mth. From then on, I really got stuck with the fruit "apple", hence the "ringo" nick... coz... it's pretty disgusting if I'm going to call myself "apple" right? Teehee.
The Japanese doesn’t pronounce the “R” sound… so actually it’s not Ringo, but Lingo ^^ As for 031, it’s explained above.
Dunno if anyone noticed o_0 <--- this face can be found in this nick! ringo_031 see? *being bashed for randomness*
21
SHIT. I have to change this soon. Yesss… real soon. I’m old O_Q
NTU Acc undergrad
Grt… I’m keeping this title till end of this year, thank you.
Aries
Yes, I’m still an Aries. (DUH)
cat-lover
Ohman... this no need to explain. Refer to the previous post for somoe sort of evidence.
Over-stressed
Uhuh. Guess so? But I’m always trying to implement this “positive policy”. Well, crafting of strategy is always easy and theoretical. I mean, “Life is Hard Dakedo Happy” and “Life is Hard Dakara Happy”! No Life is easy… I’m sure every life is difficult in some way or another. Problem comes and goes… and of coz some stay pretty permanently -_____- THIS is LIFE. HAHA.
*** Time to hit the books! *sends punches and kicks to the books* … … … Laugh leh.